Thursday, October 25, 2012

Little Sheepies.

Eid Al-Adha. The holiday that commemorates Abraham about to sacrifice Ishmael on the altar. Families get together. People give money and kids get new clothes. And the most important: sheep being led to the slaughter as people offer their own sacrifices for Gods forgiveness. The meat is then distributed to family and those in need. All month Ive seen pictures of sheep, trucks full of sheep, holiday excitement. Last year I walked up my alleyway and heard the bleating and smelled the nasty smell of blood. I walked by a group of men huddled over a sheep...yuck!
This year I woke up and while making my coffee saw this in my backyard...poor little thing doesn't even know what's coming. Poor little sheepies.

In other news: Jordan decided 2 days before the daylight savings time change that they are no longer going to do it. Apparently we are not going to adapt to winter time. Later nights. Awesome. Throwing off the time difference between me and friends. Lame.

Happy Eid!

No comments: