Sometimes I wish I had the ability to take pictures while I'm driving. Sometimes while I'm sitting in traffic and I watch other drivers and watch the pedestrians, I just WISH I could capture and share. If I ever get an iphone---I will try my hardest to do that better. Yesterday I almost ran over a herd of goats, and today I drove through a detour. The way 6 lanes of traffic fit (as in stayed 6 lanes) in a one-lane residential neighborhood...astounding. I made it out safe. Ilhamdulilah.
It's two days before Eid (the big holiday). They liken this one to Christmas---different story, different meaning. It's happy, lots of family times, and lots of gifts. Today traffic was NUTS. People are in holiday crazed mode. It seriously feels like the 23nd of December. That rush before the holidays..last minutes shopping, last minute taking care of business before everything closes. Friday it begins....which means all quietness will descend for 4 days(except at night) as business and schools are closed and people are with their families.
What is it about the holidays that makes people just go crazy?! Seriously people..the world is not ending. Don't act like it is.
I will be sleeping. reading. eating. and enjoying my friends. Don't really get a lot of time off, but I will try to rest a bit as the city sleeps more than usual.
Eid Mubarak.
No comments:
Post a Comment