I've traded in harsh desert sun for the busyness of European city life, made softer by Parisian beauty and romance.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
30sec of Soapboxing
So I realize that most of you have given up on this blog. Understandable. I've been MIA since July. In some ways I'm ok with no one reading this. I like writing with no audience. I'm writing for me.
I've made a decision to try and write everyday. The job I'm currently in allows for ZERO creative outlet. This is damaging my state of mind, so I'm realizing----so I'm trying to find it again. To remember what I love. To come back to what I'm good at. To help me remember what makes my heart beat. I've lost my song it seems, and I'm not liking the person it's making me.
Paragraphs, sentences. I'm going to try---though it will exhaust my mind.
Today was a long long day..it's not over. 2 hours of Arabic class, a meeting, food shopping, 2 more hours of Arabic class, decompress over dinner while I pretty much stared at a wall--well that's not true. I tried to watch the presidential debate, but my Internet was sucky. They were finally discussing a topic worth debating---foreign policy. but alas, I had to read about it instead.
Watching this debate from afar is hilarious. People get really passionate about the funniest things, but I guess you can't deny someone their 30 seconds of soapboxing.
So here's mine:
I wish I did care about what these presidents will do for my country, but its hard for me to care. I guess I care, but I care more about how they will relate to THIS part of the world. I've lived here under two different administrations and to say there was a difference is an UNDERstatement. Most Americans are content in their bubble of working a lot and buying a lot...foreign policy? not so much. But sadly what my president does and how he reacts to the events here, actually affects my life here and the lives of those I know and love. So whoever you are, get your act together. People either love me or hate me because of you---I prefer to be liked.
I found this article to be wonderfully hilarious and profoundly deep:http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/23/tech/social-media/funniest-tweets-third-debate/index.html?iid=article_sidebar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment