Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions?


Ah yes...its that time of the year again. Where everyone blogs about their new goals to read books, loose weight, love life. Where facebook status' ask the general public what's "THEIR NYR?" and tweets are sent out updating followers on how their list of 10 things to do before 2011 is coming along.

I've never been big on NYRs*. I'm usually just grateful to have made it to another year, knowing that new, crazy, but probably hard adventures are on the horizon, I buckle down and wait for said adventures to appear. I have to be honest, half the stuff I've done in my life I never expected to do. Half the countries I've seen I never thought I ever would. But I do still have some countries and cities on my list of must sees. Italy and ALL its cities, Spain, etc.

This year I forced myself to think that if HAD to make a NYR what would it be. Read certain books? eh. I'm sure I'll get to all of them eventually. Exercise? already do that. Eat less sugar? nah, I like my sugar.

I've been reading other people's to see if there are any good ones to steal.
I even tried writing this blog to see if I could come up with something good on the spot.
NYR. you are not for me.
but if I must...

live life with PASSION....
.....LOVE and follow God with passion.
.....LOVE the people in my life with the same passion.
never take advantage of my beating heart and the days that I live.....
....LIVE these days to their fullest embracing the new, the uncomfortable, the ugly, the pain, the beauty, the joy.
....LEARN one new thing everyday.

bite less straws, eat less cookie dough, cut down on the number of scarves I own, and learn to love herbal mint tea-why do people like that stuff? (all these are highly unlikely but we'll give it a try)

and who knows.
....maybe I'll even skydive this year.

*(shout out to my dear friend shelby and her incessant use of abbrevs. NYR (c) Sarah Schepens 2011)

3 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

HEY! I'm one of those people, and you're totally judging me. ;)

I like your resolutions though! Simple and fabulous!

Did you get your Christmas card yet????

Sarah said...

I did thank you!! so nice to think of me and LOVE the picture....Venice is my all time city I wanna see...
and I like you're resolutions...almost thought about stealing them they were so good:)

Emily Branca said...

BAHAHAHA, I'm so glad you copyright-ed your NYR.
I'm glad you'll bite less straws
I'm NOT glad you'll eat less cookie dough.