
December went by WAY too fast as did the year 2010. The last couple of years I have been excited about the possibilities of a brand new year. This New Years, I'm not so sure I want 2011 to be here yet.
I rather liked 2010...a year of immense joy for me.
2011 brings with it a lot of change and unknown territory.
Black, cold, new land. Yes, perhaps that's what we "pioneers" long for; unstaken claims and new adventures, but it doesn't always mean we are always 100% stoked about it all the time. As I write this the movie Far and Away comes to mind: Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise driving a stake in some random piece of land they just raced people on a horse to find. Yes. That is 2011.
In other news, I did get new boots for Christmas on my own finding of course. I woke up early on Christmas Eve to scrounge the Friday market for some new black boots. Success! My feet can stay dry and warm.
Yes, the Middle East gets cold. For my CA people..think Redding in January and February when we wonder why we live there as it rains for days and days on end and is just miserable. But think that evil rain making mud instead of yellow grass green. Think that evil damp cold in a concrete house without heat. It's a nice 50 degrees in my house on a good day.
As most of you know me I'd take 100 degree heat over any kind of cold any day...so these next 2 months aren't looking great. This is usually when even the toughest of people lie shivering in their beds wishing to be rid of this damp, dark, muddy place....ready to throw in the towel if they can just get warm once. Just once. Yes my friends, we are the miserably frigid.
In brighter news, I'm headed to Beirut next week....where I hear the weather is warmer due to the fact that the city lies on the sea. A sea! water! a beach! oh I am so excited.
2 comments:
oh miss sarah! how very very icy!
and icky!
I bless you with supernatural heating. I prayed for supernatural cooling last summer when I would go on long bike rides in Redding when it was 100+. It worked. Once I ran into a friend along the river trail and she commented that I didn't look hot at all. haha. I had been riding for over an hour!
Anyhow, you are awesome! Have a beautiful time in Beirut! I look forward to seeing photos!
salaam ma'ik!
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm glad you found me. I also hope that you can feel some warmth in the upcoming weeks; just dream that you are in Redding on a summer afternoon: it's 115 and you are in your car but your air conditioner is broken! You are HOT, really HOT, you are wishing for some relief... :)
Post a Comment