Saturday, January 8, 2011

30 by the I'm 30

The other night I was lying in bed thinking of all the things that I’ve been thinking about lately. Makes sleeping difficult. But one of the things I was reminded of was my goal to visit 30 countries by the time I was 30. A reasonable goal in my opinion, but then I fell into a hiatus of traveling for a couple of years, and so my goal is looking a bit far off.

My friend Doug counts layovers. I personally think that’s cheating, BUT I might have to resort to said methods to reach my goal. Or just travel for my entire year of 30. Does visiting the country multiple times count? Cuz if we're counting visa stamps I'm well over 30.

30 countries by the time I’m 30 but luckily 30 lasts a year.

So I have about 3 years to see about 9 countries. Doable? We’ll see.

In order to reach this goal I’m currently taking donations of airline miles and invitations for trips-I make an excellent travel buddy. Also, currently taking applications for travel companions-if I do need to travel the world in year 30 I need to travel with some fun people.

Hurry, space is limited.

No comments: