
Today I walked outside and it smelled like California; that first rain of the season when it finally drops below 70 and everyone gets out their winter wear. The sky was cloudy and rain was falling, something that hasn't happened since I've gotten here. Giant puddles, gutters overflowing and wet socks. I brought my 2 seasons ago boots with me because I intended to leave them here. I knew my boots were going to take a beating, so why buy new ones. Also, I had lots of things to get before coming, new black boots were really low on the list. So yes, my boots have holes, one on each heel. It's annoying and it makes my feet cold, but I still insist on wearing them. What does this have to do with my life right now??? Nothing really, except winter has come to Jordan, my house doesn't have heat, it seems my socks will be consistently wet, I drink an average of 5 hot beverages a day, and I will probably also take 5 scalding showers a day just to warm up.
My sister has been here exactly one week and it's been fabulous. It's been great having a traveling buddy, someone to divulge all my pent up Jordan knowledge to, and just someone here with me all the time. We have been out of control busy with wrapping up my teaching semester, activities and visits with students, a million team meetings, and other random errands that always take twice as long in this wonderful country. Hopefully, though looking at my schedule suggests otherwise, our days will get a little less crazy in the next couple of weeks. She'll be here for Christmas and for that I'm super excited!!!:)
Here's hoping I get new slouchy black boots for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment