
I used to do art. Medium of preference: chalks and pastels. Of course I took random art courses in high school..but in college is when I developed my love for chalks. Maybe cuz if I messed up or hated it, I could easily change it. We used to sit out on the grass for hours..blankets, guitars, homework, and sketchbooks. Chalk dust all over the grass by the time I was done.
Something about rubbing, mixing, smearing, and sketching colors together is so very therapeutic.
On this last trip to Thailand, I was amazed to see pictures I had drawn for people STILL hanging on the walls of their houses. I had completely forgotten I did them..or even used to do that! And they kept them! I didn't think they were even that good...some of them were even framed! Crazy.
Needless to say...I remembered again last night how I used to do art...and I miss it.
So I'm searching all my boxes for my dusty sketchbook and my boxes of chalks and pastels......I'm excited to begin again.
1 comment:
DO IT!
I need to see said art. I wouldn't mind a jazz scene or two to post in my livingroom :)
Post a Comment