Birthdays for me are reflective times, and so I've been thinking about this last year of my life. I'm happy with erasing year 26 out of my life completely. I would have been perfectly content with just going from 25 to 27, 26? it would have been nice never knowing the things of that year. Jobs, cars, apartments, and people that completely made up my life are now completely gone and non-existent. It's so bizarre to think that my life was completely and utterly stripped of everything and everyone I knew. The things of year 26 don't exist anymore for year 27. Not only am I a different person, but the things and people that make up my life are new and different. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around this complete newness.
I'm used to new things, but this usually involves moving to a different city or country, and the things I left behind are still very much a part of me.
But this time I never left the country, I don't live in a new city, I still live here, and those things are gone. So yes, still trying to get used to that.
I know the Lord put year 26 in my life for a reason. I think there were good things that came out of it...I felt and saw that yesterday. I saw how the Lord's taken me on a ridiculous journey this last year that has gotten me to where I am today and that place is a good place. A place ready to embrace the new things he has given me.
So people have been asking me, "what do you want for your next year?" And I've found myself saying, I'm just excited for a new year. I'm asking the Lord for year 27 to be a year of joy, a year of singing, a year of seeing dreams fulfilled, a year of rain, a year of harvest, a year of gladness.
Gone is the pain, the sadness, the heartache, the confusion, the wrestling, and the turmoil of year 26.
"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come...."(Song of Solomon 2:11-12)
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come...."(Song of Solomon 2:11-12)
Hello year 27!! I am happy to see you! I'm excited to see what you have in store for me, and embrace the new things that have come.

No comments:
Post a Comment