
The Lord's been teaching me a lot about being intentional lately. And as are most things I learn from Him, they are usually for my own good. He's also been slowly getting it into my head that He really does know what's best for me even though I sometimes have other opinions about that.
I could easily float through my week meeting with one person after the next, packing my schedule full of fun people to hang out with, fun things to do. When all of a sudden its the end of the week and while yes, I've hung out with lots of people, what have I gotten out of it?..but really more importantly..what have I given into it? Have I given time to myself? to the Lord? in order to fully and adequately give what is needed into these relationships...to allow the Lord to use me how He wants to?
Two things about me: I'm a quality timer, and when I love and invest in a person, I do so deeply. Good things, I think:) but when not done right...not so good. So the Lord's been teaching me to be intentional, and how important that is for the way he's made me. He knows how much I can give, he knows how much I can take, and He's also put people and events in my life for a purpose, for good reason. Lately the Lord has woken me up to this crazy fact. Even now, I sit here thinking about the people he's placed in my life these last four months. People I probably wouldn't have chosen on my own, but definitely people that have been placed in my life for a reason. I think about these people the Lord has given me to journey with and feel ultimately blessed.
So I'm learning to be intentional. To seek the Lords heart on where I should be and with who I should be with. The life group I choose is not just to do a life group, the people I choose to go to coffee with is not just because I like coffee, the whole afternoons I spend with people is not because I have nothing better to do. Every person I interact with during my day and the people I work with are in my life for a reason. Even my "me and God" times have become more intentional because my intentional times with others are nothing without His filling.
"His filling"..that's a whole other blog in itself about how much I'm learning about that. He's been waking me up 15 minutes before my alarm each morning which being the morning person that I'm definitely NOT...it's actually been amazing. But I love it...I wake up and look at my clock..and yep...15 on the dot before my alarm is supposed to go off. 15 minutes of intentional filling and prayers for me, my day, my friends, for people he's put on my heart, and to get ready to live a day of intentionality.
And I've already noticed a change....how amazing living life is, how much rest it gives you, when you live a life of intentionality.
No comments:
Post a Comment