Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm in a good mood....


and I've been in a good mood...for a couple weeks now....

although the annoying alarms sounds going off in the background are threatening it..just a little:)

It's like all of sudden my life has been refocused..priorities shifted...vision cleared..and I've realized what life is all about. Where the things that bothered me, people that pissed me off, or even just the world in general have all become little specks in the background bouncing off me, unable to get to the core of who I am. Maybe that's it...because I'm discovering more and more of what that core is made up of. Going deeper in my self-awareness which I already thought was pretty deep, but the Lord has pulled back some layers....gotten rid of some not so pretty stuff...and has been speaking and affirming over and over for the last 2 weeks(well months actually) about the pretty stuff. And I have lots of pretty stuff...



Last week Nate talked about the disciples in Acts devoting themselves to teaching, fellowship, and prayer. How the disciples lived lives of obedience, drawing people to the feet of Jesus. Somehow..and I honestly can't remember how the question came up..but the question "what do you want to be known for?" was mentioned. Or maybe it's something I made up in my head. Needless to say I've been thinking about it all week. What do I want to be known for? And it goes far beyond the things I know I'll do in my life. This is about who I am.



I want to be a woman known for her:
-strength
-courage
-fearlessness
-wisdom
-heart to see all women walk in the Lord's freedom
-character
-joy
-love
-devotion and obedience to God to follow and serve Him wherever in whatever
-listening ear
-smile
-gentleness
-life that draws people to the feet of Jesus

These are just some I've thought of while writing this....I'm not saying I have all these yet...or have mastered them:)....but it's definitely something to aspire to...I hope I already do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff--it is more the 'be' and not the 'do'. Can't wait to sit on a boat on the Sea of Galilee. love you