Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back Pain


There is seriously nothing that depresses me more than being in excruciating pain flat on my back coupled with medication. Bleh! On Monday I pulled my back out..don't ask how..it sometimes just does that. It hasn't been this bad since about a year ago. My sister is here visiting which on one hand has been nice because she's taken very good care of me. On the other hand it's been very frustrating because let's face it, I not always a happy person when I'm in so much pain.
I went to the chiropractor yesterday and things are looking up. I'm hoping by Friday I will be in good functioning form. It's Erase the Dark on the Friday. Come!! Doors open at 6:30-$10 dollars to get in to see all the amazing film, art, and music that has been created. We are buying shoes for all the kids at Cypress Elementary..so I want to hear no complaining about the cover charge..it's a good cause!

So back to Monday...I just so happened to throw my back out an hour before this photo shoot I was supposed to do for a local designer. Don't ask how I got sucked into that..the guilty party knows she's in trouble:)...but definitely keep Art Hop on March 14th open...but I'll make sure to post more on that later. I did it anyways..the photographer was super nice....and my other option was to go back home and mope on the couch..not fun.

I promise I'm trying to take it easy, but I'm also trying not to let this get me down. On Monday morning before it happened, I even went for a run and was having this ah-ha moment where I realized that I was entering a pivotal moment on my journey with God. I was hopeful that the storms over the last 8 months have started to die down just a bit.(refer to Sunday's message). And then this back thing hit....and in some ways it didn't surprise me. It's sometimes how the enemy attacks me...physically..because it gets me so depressed. But instead of being depressed, I'm using it as a slow down moment. Where I can be quiet before the Lord, where I don't have to rush around crazy like usual, but instead sit in his presence and soak Him up. It's been really nice actually.

So yeah..pray for my back...it still really really hurts....but it's amazing and quite nice how many people have secret stashes of Vicodin and pain medication that they are offering me...don't worry..I won't name names;)

No comments: