Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Holiday

I've been watching The Holiday over and over for days. Mostly it just plays in the back round when I'm home.

"well hello big dallop"(that's for you jenny:))


But seriously..I love Jack Black and Kate Winslet. That's why I watch it because they're both so darn cute and well maybe I resonate with Kate's character some....ok well maybe a lot. Not quite the same, but similar enough that when she kicked nasty Jasper out of the house at the end..I had a few choice words of my own. Nothing gets me more riled up than nasty, skeezy boys who think they can manipulate a girl simply because they know she loves him...or emotionally abuse a woman..ugh.


I reached a turning point this week....the tall, strong, emotional, intimidating, confident Sarah that you've all grown to know and love is back. I'm done wishing I was short, small, insignificant, nonthreatening, unintimidating, lovable Sarah. Clearly I am none of those...so deal with it. Yeah..I know I'm hard to handle..but that's just it. The Lord had all those cute lovable girls when he made me...and He's made it pretty clear there are things that I need these qualities for..so I better just suck it up. This is me...and I'm done offering excuses and I'm done asking to be different. Yeah..I've been pretty ridiculous these last several weeks..but I'm done..


I'm the leading lady...not the bestfriend(cheesy I know but just quoting the movie)..it's time I start acting like it.:)

6 comments:

Shelby said...

YEAH! Let's go kick some ass! (that's my initial reaction after reading your last paragraph...is that bad? :)

But, really, i love that movie too and could watch it every weekend. Except for the fact that watching it over and over would mean i also have to watch the heartwarm, endearing story about the old man. And, let's face it, that story gets old. So he walks to accept his award... i know that's a big deal. I know that i'm a cold hearted woman because I'd get sick of the storyline. So...that's me. Deal with it. :)

LOL. Good blog. I'm glad you are back to being you. (and, in case you were made about my last text last night, you can have him. sorry, i was joking.)

bETH vAUGHN said...

Dude. I like the real you and I'm glad you're gettin' around to liking her too. You ARE a leading lady. Cheers to being strong, independent women!!!

Sarah said...

shelby...and ruin your plans at getting dinner delivered to your house???..never..

Marie said...

Way to go Sarah!!!!!! I love that movie as well...it was one of those that I was afraid was not going to be very good but I was pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous said...

Love it... thanks!
and unfortunately i'm the same way.. no fuz here.... i love it when people come to me after they know me and think it's a brand new idea that when they first met me they were intimidated and thought i was scarey...and they are usually surprised that i hear that all the time.. people are weird..


well hello big dollop!
love you
can't wait till we can intimidate the world together :-)

Me Minami said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah. This makes me laugh because it truly defines you and your personality- which is why we all love you! What was the word I used for you at Holly's? Well, whatever it was, I use it as a term of endearment and I love that it describes you, because that is the fun feisty you that we all like to be around. And PS I love the Holiday too.