When I was in college I took a Spiritual Formation class...it changed my life. I had to write like a 20 page paper on a spiritual person(I use this term for lack of a better one right now). Anyway...I did mine of the mystic Julian of Norwich. This woman was amazing....visions...hearing the voice of God...seeing God...and profound revelations on the love of God. The class changed my life..but this woman probably did more..at least in regards to seeing God's love in a whole new light.I have this cute little daily readings book that's full of her wisdom. Today I read this:
God is the still point at the centre.
There is no doer but he.
All this he showed with great joy, saying, 'See, I am God. See I am in all things. See, I do all things. See, I never take my hands off my work, nor ever shall, through all eternity. See, I lead all things to the end I have prepared for them. I do this by the same wisdom and love and power through which I made them. How can anything be done that is not well done?'
God wants us to know that he keeps us safe through good and ill.
We shall see God face to face, simply and wholly.
....Amazing....
1 comment:
yep... that norwich lady is definitely on to something...
we talked about women wearing head coverings in the presence of men reading scripture in Theo/World Mission yesterday...
that has nothing to do with any of this... but the hoodie thing she's sporting in the picture made me think of it...
Post a Comment