8am..I'm up early...for me. Especially after a crazy Sunday...but I had to get up to argue with my car place that they need to fix my car for free. It broke down yesterday..3 days after the warranty expired...dumb. No guarantees yet...going down there in a hour with my game face on..I will not crack! Besides my ever present annoying car trouble...Sunday was a good day for me. I get to teach 16 crazy Pre-Ker's in the morning and I love it. I love talking with them about their weeks, their experiences, their lives. Such a different perspective than adults. I love challenging their minds, teaching them not just facts, but ways to handle conflict with peers, or even just the beauty in sharing. It's definitely a bit crazy and wild in there, but the kids are amazing. They love to play, they love to learn. We have fun.
Nate talked about honor last night. It is easy to honor my parents. I had 2 of them the whole time growing up, I still do. Definitely parents worth honoring. I don't think I honor them near enough, not what they deserve anyway. Such a rarity..parents that modeled a good marriage, raised me in the way of Christ, loved me, prayed for me, supported me and all my crazy wanderings.
But its this that spoke to me...and that we don't honor people because of their honorability but we honor them because they are made in the image of Christ. My parents not so hard. Some of the leaders, elders, and ministry partners in my life...very hard. People who should have been uplifting, encouraging, shaping me but were the exact opposite. So hard to honor those that God has put in your life above you that don't necessarily deserve honor or who honor you. There will be more on this for sure...and when when the week comes that we talk more about this...I can already tell its gonna be tough. But good things will come of it I'm sure.
K gonna go drink some more coffee...and prepare for battle.
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing
I actually specifically thought of you when I read it the first time... I just didn't want to point you out in the midst of the blog :) I don't know that I wish I lived there (though I do miss the mountains, hills, Whiskeytown, etc.) but I sure do wish we lived close together. The book is, "Come Away My Beloved." I am not a fan of devotional books, but I have found this one to meet me right where I'm at (as I mentioned in the blog). I have yet to read all of it... 60 some more pages... as He leads.
I love you and will be praying alongside you in the midst of the grace, pain, and love.
Post a Comment