So many of you have asked me how I feel about what's going on in Gaza...and honestly while I'm deeply concerned, I haven't had much time to think about it. But I know that some of you have been anticipating blogs about it since Israel started bombing, so I guess today I'm not going to disappoint.Gaza..the most densely populated area in the world. Not China, not India, but Gaza..1.5 billion people packed in an area of 130 square miles. A small piece of land located on the western coast of Israel off the Mediterranean Sea. Working in the West Bank, I met plenty of people who were separated from their families who lived in Gaza. I even came across people who had escaped from Gaza and had settled in the West Bank(for those of you who don't know..the West Bank is clear on the other side of Israel-bordering the "West Bank" of the Jordan River.
The amount of people located in such a small area combined with the more fundamentalist extreme government, add to that the blockades and closures of the Gazan border that prevent any aid such as basic food and water to enter along with the very small number of hospitals and adequate health care make Gaza a not so fun place to live. Already this small area is suffering and oppressed, now it has to deal with Israel's bombs. I guess the reason I'm getting so fired up today is that yesterday Israel decided to bomb a UN compound destroying warehouses of humanitarian and food supplies. Then they decided to go and destroy 3 hospitals as if these people had too many of them or something. Israel claims that Hamas works out of these areas..really?..that's your argument? Dumb. Israel claims that they don't want the land, that they are just trying to pinpoint significant Hamas leaders and will warn civilians when they have to bomb a house. Really? A UN compound is pinpointing? Besides, live one day in Israel and you realize that the UN is not so much liked by Israelis...just makes me wonder is all...
The amount of people located in such a small area combined with the more fundamentalist extreme government, add to that the blockades and closures of the Gazan border that prevent any aid such as basic food and water to enter along with the very small number of hospitals and adequate health care make Gaza a not so fun place to live. Already this small area is suffering and oppressed, now it has to deal with Israel's bombs. I guess the reason I'm getting so fired up today is that yesterday Israel decided to bomb a UN compound destroying warehouses of humanitarian and food supplies. Then they decided to go and destroy 3 hospitals as if these people had too many of them or something. Israel claims that Hamas works out of these areas..really?..that's your argument? Dumb. Israel claims that they don't want the land, that they are just trying to pinpoint significant Hamas leaders and will warn civilians when they have to bomb a house. Really? A UN compound is pinpointing? Besides, live one day in Israel and you realize that the UN is not so much liked by Israelis...just makes me wonder is all...
No I don't agree with Hamas, I don't agree with the rockets they continually launch over into Israel. Rockets that on occasion kill innocent civilians. But I do not agree with launching huge missiles into an area overpopulated with women and children and destroying their basic needs. The starving and hurting women and children are not the ones launching the rockets! They deserve the right to live just like any Israeli.
Anyways...that's my schpiel..if you want to know more about it..talk with me..I have more...
Go here if you want more info..
No comments:
Post a Comment