
"Use me Lord", "I want to serve you", "I'll follow you wherever".....
I should have learned by now that when I pray such prayers, usually the results are not what I expect, and usually they result in a really painful molding and shaping process. My last down on my knees, desperate, end of myself prayer..."Lord I want more of you in my life"
What I should have realized at the time was that in order for there to be more "Lord" in my life, there has to be a lot less "other" stuff. Stuff that I obviously wasn't about to give up willingly and so the stripping, breaking, freeing process began...4 months ago....and still it continues...and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier.
But I know it's good. There have been things that Lord has taken away, and there have been things the Lord has asked me to give up. Some of these things have been really painful, and then others have been really freeing. And then there's the beauty of realizing that now there's room for Him. There's room for him to speak, to move, to reveal himself, to strengthen, to heal, to create anew, to Love. To really be more in my life....beautiful and amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment