Friday, January 16, 2009

Be Near When I've Given Up

I had a different title for this blog...but my blog is a on church's blog list and well I didn't really want to offend anyone...but feel free to text or call me and ask what it was..I will certainly tell you...

So I'm using a song again because sometimes songs just describe the state of my heart better than my words could. And well if I'm being perfectly honest right now...I'm ready to throw in the towel..be done..walk away...give up...so the song fits. I don't reach these points very often...I consider myself a strong person, a persevering person, a person who has survived much. But today I don't feel very strong....nuff said.

Bethany Dillon-Be Near

Be Near Me
I follow all the rules
Well, at least I'm trying
Hoping when my days are through
You'll be pleased

I've lived the longest days
Thinking my heart was so bad
Too scared to look in your face
Oh, if only I had

[Bridge:]
And is it alright
If I stay here all night
By the shoreline

[Chorus:]
I cannot believe you are angry or unjust
You've done nothing but have compassion on us
So be near me when I've given up
Be near me

I'm just like everyone else
We are all hiding
Acting like I have a wealth
Of knowledge and peace

But all I've ever wanted
And what men have given their lives for
Is a God who understands my weaknesses
A God that I can love

I believe you are good and righteous
You've given me your reckless love
So be near, be near...

No comments: