
This is pretty much how I feel about my life right now...so in answer to all the questions of "How are you?" "How are you doing?".....yep, overwhelmed. With life.
Don't really have anything super fun or exciting to blog about right now, but the weird thing is that there is SO much going on in my life right now. God is doing something ridiculous, shifting moving, redirecting.
So here's my ridiculous analogy:
I was running yesterday and all of sudden felt like a tiny chess piece on a giant game board. Sometimes I wish I was one of those big key players, like the queen, shes amazing, she can do anything. Or those sneaky knights that kill in an L. But no, I'm pretty much a pawn...trying to move forward through life, small and unassuming. But then all of a sudden the pawn is in the right place at the right time and does something huge..like kills the queen. Or it's journeying along, not noticed by anyone, and all of sudden it reaches the end of the board. Now this unassuming pawn is transformed into something powerful..a queen.
So maybe someday after all my travels I'll be a queen..but right now..I'm a pawn. I might not be DOING a whole lot, in fact, to the normal observer it may look like I'm not doing anything. But I am. I carry a purpose on this board. And right now in my life I'm being moved..and all the events in my life are being strategically shifted, removed, and redirected. But I'm trusting that I'm being placed right where I need to be...to do what He wants me to do, to be what He wants me to be.
...and maybe... I'll be a pawn my whole life...and I need to be ok with that....hmm that's tough.
so yeah..overwhelmed...cuz I'm in the middle of it all right now..and haven't a clue where it's all going...
I leave for NY in less than a week and I seriously can't wait..I need a break from my life:)
p.s. moving out of my apartment on Monday...would love some help if you have bigger muscles than me.
6 comments:
NO ONE has bigger muscles than you...
but me and my small lumps of mesodermic mass buildup will try to get all those coffee mugs over.
P.S.
i think you underestimate the power of the pawn... it's not about turning into the queen...
I don't at all..I think for the first time in my life I'm beginning to see just how great a pawn is..and realize that life is really not about becoming a queen...
just don't kill anyone. ( :
we love you for who you are, who God made you to be, sarah schepens!
oh, thought! we can start a pawns unite club! PUC. . . pronounced "puke".
haha...sick!
don't leave. don't fly. i can't deal with no sarah january.
that last sentence sounds like i don't know my english.
Post a Comment