Friday, December 5, 2008

A New Thing

Trying to explain my life to someone right now is difficult. How do I even begin to understand why things are the way they are and why things have happened the way they have. But I found it's easier to stop asking the why question, and instead ask the what question. What do you have for me today? What to do you want to tell me now? What is it that you're trying to show me? I find there are more answers to the what questions than the why ones. Sure I still I ask the why because I just don't understand life MOST times.
But it's really not about the answers...it's resting in trust..I'm struggling to rest...to rest knowing heaven is holding me...He is holding me...It's harder than it looks.

This new year that is about to happen in less than a month holds so much meaning to me because it really is going to be new. And perhaps by the time the 31st rolls around I'll be able to blog in more details. But He is changing things, stripping things, asking me to give up things, giving me new things.


A beloved friend gave me this verse awhile back and it continues to stick with me......

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 42:18-19

2 comments:

Marie said...

Good blog...I love hearing your thoughts. They always seem to resonate with me.

Janelle said...

Stopping by to tell you I love you... bunches. I wish we could meet up at Bandito or Whiskeytown or heck, anywhere for that matter... I guess we need to just become better phone talkers! "Personal Growth"... seems to be a common theme 'round here. Loving you MUCH!