Monday, December 1, 2008

The First Seasonal Blog

Because its December I'm only gonna write seasonal blogs....things about the holidays, winter, Jesus..you know...but I may make an exception if the Lord does something profound in my life.  Otherwise you re gonna have to talk to me face to face if you want the juicy details of my life.

Reindeer. What a strange concept...and so strange that we associate this random animal with the Christmas season.  I guess they're the ones that pull Santa's sleigh.  You can probably blame my ancestors for the making of this random jolly man.  

So driving along some random highway down here and what do I see...reindeer antlers..on a van.  It was the day after Thanksgiving and apparently these reindeer fanatics decided to decorate their car.  (No Emily..no wreath..luckily!) So there they were, two antlers..not real ones luckily because that's just sick.  But one furry stuffed antler on one side of the van and one furry stuffed antler on the other.  Who knows how they were attached, but those things were not coming off...just waving in the smoggy air like they were the coolest thing to hit Christmas. Hi, yes my van is a reindeer.  To top it all off, a grown man was driving..made it even weirder.

So that is the first blog of the season..Americans and their ridiculous Christmas decorations!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

who are your ancestors? i always thought it was the Chinese that introduced reindeer... wait a minute... are you Chinese???

Diana said...

I've always thought reindeer were kind of creepy! Like deer only with fat noses! Don't even really know why they are creepy they just are. Maybe it's the wierd moaning they do in all the christmas movies or the wierd nose twitch in the same movies.
"hhooorrruuumphffth" haha!!!