Monday, September 1, 2008

Permafrown


What is a permafrown you ask? Everyone has a resting face. Some people look happy, some people look void of emotion, and then others look unhappy. When I am deep in thought, sleepy, walking, running, or even void of thought I tend to look upset and unhappy with the world. This is because my mouth permanently rests in the frown position....the so called permafrown. And so introduces my number one pet peeve. Everyone has those days where they wish they were in bed or didn't have to face the world. And so when you're on the elevator going to work that annoying.."Good morning! Smile! It's going to be a great day!" is oh so annoying. But this is usually not the case in my life. Usually I'm having a great day going about my business and all of a sudden there's that annoying.."Smile! It's gonna be ok!". My usually response is to snap out of my reverie and find the source of the annoying voice. But then my response varies..I mean really what do you do? Give them what they want?..a smile? That would be the nice thing to do but usually I just want to glare at them...because seriously?...who are you to judge that I need you to tell me to smile. And why would that make my day better?

This just happened to me the other day...sitting in my chair, waiting my turn at the doctors, and all of sudden I hear..."smile!" I looked at the man..Really? Is that what you're going to say to me right now? Argh...I have nothing to say to you...

So anyways...its funny when you think about it...but usually its annoying....I have a permafrown..I can't help the way my face goes. It doesn't mean I'm a snob, or angry, or having a bad day...I would just like to clarify that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha, I am so glad you wrote this blog. I seriously think they need to have permafrown awareness day.

I am convinced that about 75% of the people who have known my name, or have seen me from a distnace think I am a total snob based totally on this disorder.

Is there a support group I can join?

hannahrae said...

oh my gosh! i call it "the look"

i don't do it on purpose but yeah it's just my face. people are so weird.

i feel your pain. yay for the permafrown!