Saturday, August 9, 2008

American Pride

So the Olympics have begun and I love them! Swimming, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, high diving...its all so great. But each time I try and try to muster up some American pride and I just can't seem to get there. I always root for America and love the American athletes, but do I really care if American wins the gold...not so much. I've heard that the Olympics bring out the patriotism in a person. But I just can't seem to find mine. I really don't get fuzzy feelings when I see the American flag or hear the national anthem. Perhaps this has to do with being born in another country and not really feeling tied here. Maybe its God's way of helping me let go as he calls me out to the world. But I do love watching the athletes compete and for the most part am rooting for all the American athletes. And I love that the whole world comes together to compete. I would love to be there in the middle of it as languages and people from all over come together...it would definitely be heaven on earth:)

No comments: