Sunday, August 10, 2008

Strong at the Broken Places part I

“The world breaks everyone, but afterward many are strong at the broken places”

If you haven’t noticed yet, my web address to this blog is taken after this quote. Its one of my favorite quotes of all time because it applies so much to my life. Someone gave me this quote as I finished a hard but good two years in New York. The Lord took me through a really interesting time and walked with me through a lot of healing. I came out on the other end...healed and completely convinced of his love and goodness.
Tonight He took me through it all over again. Nathan spoke on being face to face with God and how Moses and Joshua would go into the tent of meeting and meet with God. How Joshua would stay long after Moses had left in order to meet with God. I have always admired Joshua in the Bible…the story and character of Joshua is one of my favorites. I have always aspired to be a Joshua. Then seeing in person the city of Jericho and the hills of wilderness that Joshua had to lead his people through only further cemented my admiration of his character. For some reason I had never noticed that tiny verse in Exodus where it said that Joshua son of Nun stayed. He stayed. He could not get enough of God’s presence. And then you read about his life…the way he listened and obeyed God…followed him…led God’s people with a level of courage that is remarkable. And so it doesn’t surprise me that the Lord chose him to lead his people. The things he was asked to do seemed ridiculous to the rest of the world, but to Joshua-he was just doing what the Lord asked him to do. Perhaps it did seem ridiculous to him, but he did it anyway. He did it anyway, because he knew God’s heart so well that even though what seemed to everyone else as impossible tasks, they were simply God’s desires.
I want to be known as someone who pursues God with that much intent, so much so that when he asks me to do something that the rest of the world might think is crazy, I don’t even blink. I don’t even blink because I know he’s holding tightly on to me...and I know His heart so well that his desires have simply become my own....

No comments: