Nevertheless it was so FUN to have them here and show them around. We went over to the coast and saw every redwood known to man-my dad-"mr. science" was in heaven:) We stayed the night in Eureka and the n
ext morning watched their kinnetic races-where a team puts together a machine completely powered by man. We watched them pedal down the boat ramp to see if their structure floated. Machines ranged from random bikes and hippos, to dragons made out of muffin tins. So very random.....but entertaining.
Anyways......it was great having my parents out here for a bit. My mom made me good food one night because she is the best cook ever. And my dad fixed my dryer because he can do everything. I love my parents and our relationship has grown so much over the last three years mostly while I was in NY. I was in NY for so many reasons but I'm so glad that I was able to spend so much time with parents while there. I'm so glad that we figured out how our relationship works as three adults instead of two adults and one angry high school kid. I'm also thankful for any time spent with them because soon those will be few and far between as it will be more than a 7 hour airplane ride to the other side of the country to see each other, but rather a 20 hour international journey. They are my biggest supporters of everything I've done in my life, and they've seen me through a lot. I love and respect them so very much. I've said that awful good-bye of "I know we'll see each other again but I don't know when" too many times to count, but thankfully I get to see them again in 3 weeks when I go to Montana for a week.
Thanks for coming Mom and Dad...love you both!
3 comments:
Random question, but are you driving to Montana or flying?
I'm flying cuz I'm going to eastern MT..but if I was driving I would have for sure stopped to see you guys:)
I'm glad you guys had fun. I must agree, Your parents are pretty great.
Post a Comment