Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dusk...

My favorite time of day. The time of day when the sun rests right below the horizon and pushes its final glow across the sky. The shadows resting on the earth make the sky look brighter than it really is. I love the feel of a warm summer night as the stars are just beginning to shine. The earth both human and animal become quiet and new sounds arise when the moon becomes dominant. I love the stillness that becomes visible because there remains a fraction of light to see by. The beauty in it never fails to remind me how awesome our creator is.
As I was driving home tonight there was a beautiful dusky blue sky with a tiny sliver of a moon resting above the darkened mountains. I wanted to take a picture but didn't have my camera...so I fished out some of my favorite dusk pictures on file. Enjoy the beauty that is His...
Sun behind the sphinx and gaza pyramids
Our camping site on the Lost Coast
View of Jerusalem from the building where I lived. My room was on the roof.
Dusk in big sky Montana

No comments: