Monday, March 3, 2008

Sick Day

Due to my current condition of back pain and chest wheezing I decided to take the day off of work. Also I finally had a real reason to call in sick. I never call in sick....even when I'm sick. My parents cursed and blessed me with intense work ethic and so taking a sick day or any day off of work is unthinkable. But my sister is here and because we spent most of our time at the doctor's over the weekend, I figured why not take a sick day on Monday. Let me just tell you..my day off was fabulous!! Slept in late. Got cinnamon rolls from the Bread Harvest Co....watched the View with my large cup of coffee..went shopping and found great deals...walked the Sundial bridge..watched Oprah...and the day is not over.
I woke up feeling better and able to move. Being sick and going through immense dibilitating pain is something that a person won't understand until it happens to them. I've had my share of hospitals and surgeries...enough to suck the life out of me. And it does...being sick sucks your spirit out. Being sick is more than physical..it takes a toll emotionally and spiritually. Again, something that you don't understand until you go through it.
But I'm thankful for the things I've had to go through. The events in my life have made me a stronger person and has taught me a lot about myself, others, and God.
And I'm thankful for the time I've been able to spend with my sister despite everything. I got to have a sick day...and it was great!

2 comments:

Emily Branca said...

You are just so great. I miss you! I vote for a friend day!! Let's make it happen friend. Can't wait until you are back to your normal health. Being sick is no fun at all. Sorry :(

Tim said...

yey for sick days! Been thinking of you recently just wanted to let you know