Saturday, March 1, 2008

Flat on my Back!

So I'm out of commission. I went to work yesterday with only 6 hours of sleep cuz I had just picked my sister up from the Sac airport. She's going to be staying for l0 days..yay!. One of the teachers was out sick so I had to take over her classroom. Great. And I just realized I'll probably not be getting a lunch break and I'll be staying til 6. Life was already good. Then as I'm helping my kids get their breakfast my right hip twinges a bit, and then the spasms start. Great #2. Now my whole back is going into convulsions and I'm supposed to help 13 two years olds get their jackets on to go outside. Tons of teachers were sick, we're short staffed, and I can't walk. I did get to go home though.
So then I spend 3 hours on a doctors visit just to get some muscle relaxers and found out I have acute bronchitis as well. Great #3. So as I'm discharged they're reading me a ridiculous amount of medication that they are prescribing me and to go home and lay flat on my back. Easier said then done. My old flat mate came to town just to see me. She lives in Florida now and was only in Redding last night. So of course I had to go out with her. Flat on my back...yeah right.
So everytime I sit down it literally takes about 5 mintues to stand up as my whole back goes into spasms and I'm bent over like I"m 80. And then everytime I take a step more pain shoots up my leg and into my back. Great #4. And did you know that when you do lay flay on your back you're more prone to cough. So when my deep hurting cough that is now known as bronchitis flares up more spasms go through my back. Great #5.
But I did get to home sick from work and hang out with my sister...even though she has to take care of me now. And the muscles relaxants I got completely knock you out and I got to take some great cough syrup with codiene. So needless to say despite the intense pain and uncomfortability I slept great last night!...But I'm still flat on my back...waiting for my chiro office to open.
ps..thanks Jenny....wouldn't have survived thus far without you!

2 comments:

rev rock said...

I just prayed that Jesus would make all of that go away. Nate talked about being faithful to pray tonight. I'm praying for you!

Emily Branca said...

Yuck! I'm so so sorry you are so sick and in so much pain. I am praying for you pal. Jesus will heal you quick :) I love you, and missed you tonight. Church is basically the only time I actually get to see you. Let me know if you need anything. Hope you heal quickly!