I've traded in harsh desert sun for the busyness of European city life, made softer by Parisian beauty and romance.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
4 months and potty training
Its been roughly over four months now that I've lived here in Redding....nothing much has changed. Redding is still as rural as ever..the people are as white as ever...my church is great, but I'm trying to figure out what it is that I actually do. Taking over a position that has never existed is a bit tough and working with incredibly flexible and encouraging people is nice, but sometimes I could use an anal task driver to tell me what to do. I work full time at a pre-school in the two year old classroom. I'm a teacher's assistant, but over the last couple of weeks have found myself taking over the classroom a number of times as the teacher has been gone. Spending 8 hours in a classroom full of 13 semi-potty trained two yr olds in enough to drive a person to insanity, but its been quite entertaining. I forgot how wearing underwear is something to look forward to and get rewarded for... Teaching and kids is so not what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I do enjoy my job. I have to wake up at the ungodly hour of 6am though to make it to work by 7:15. I've noticed that as the months have gone by I'm learning how to get ready in 15 minutes in order to push snooze 9 times. For some reason four more minutes is worth something.... I work til 4:30, go home, take a shower, and start my other life of church things, hanging out with friends, and catching up on life. If it was up to me I wouldn't be working fulltime, but I have appreciated the income..lack of sleep-no-being able to pay my rent-yes.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! I'm so excited to see you have updated! Keep it up.
Post a Comment