Ok, so clearly its been a long time when I log onto Blogger and it's completely changed and their "new and improved' formatting is all wacky. Come on people. I hate change. Have a little compassion. Change is not "easier".
I need to blog more. I say this every time, but I do. It's good for my soul, and it helps me remember the funny and not so funny parts of my life.
I heard this today:
Some wandered in desert wastelands,
finding no way to a city where they could settle.
5 They were hungry and thirsty,
and their lives ebbed away.
6 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress.
7 He led them by a straight way
to a city where they could settle.
8 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
9 for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things
I consider myself a purposeful wanderer. My resume and life speak to that. Its appears random and wandery (yes that's an adjective I made up--did I mention my English has gone completely down hill) but really I know, deep down, all that I have done, everywhere I have gone has been for a reason, for a purpose, even if I still don't have answers today.
That being said there are MANY days in this dusty desert city that I live, that I feel "hungry", "thirsty", and that my "life is ebbing away" all while I'm wandering in the desert wastelands. While many would certainly call this area of the world a wasteland and we can all probably conjure up some mental picture of some ghastly place we've all been to or seen, wastelands can also in my opinion be personal.
If there's one thing that I refuse to let my life become is an "ebbing away wasteland", and just the very thought of that possibility scares me. Don't we all want our lives to be purposeful? Isn't there a super famous, slightly overrated book out there about that? Don't we all want to know that our lives were spent for something? So yes, I may be having a little bitty baby mid life crisis (more on that monstrosity to come) But when I heard this today from Psalm 107, FOUR words stood out:
Led, love, satisfies, fills.
Actual application of these words to current life is Yet To Be Determined. But...they are good words.

1 comment:
"Wandery"?!? Great word Sarah :) I love your description of yourself as a purposeful wanderer. It fits perfectly. You are not aimless. You have purpose in all the places you go. You are so obedient to the Lords heart Sarah. Love you!
Post a Comment