
This is what I've dubbed 2012.
The year of surprises. It's what I feel and know this year to be.
Last year:
Visited Lebanon.
Ran from the Dead Sea to the Red Sea.
Worked myself into exhaustion.
Said good-bye to dear friends.
Visited America.
Worked/traveled myself into exhaustion.
NY-CA-MT-ND-MN-WI-IL-MI-CA-NY-CO-NY (tired yet?)
saw some amazing people in the process. saw some of those dear friends again.
realized this job that I really wanted was actually going to be mine.
freaked out.
saw His hand..took it.
returned to JO.
went through 3 months of crazy readjustment.
turned a really old age.
freaked out.
realized lessons learned in the 3 hardest years of my life have been brought to fruition.
continued to be humbled by this impossible language, and the fact I get to live here. doing this.
Christmas.
New Year.
Wasn't the most interesting of years, but it was a year of new birth, a finalization of what I've been wanting, waiting for, face on ground, learning for, shaping for, and being molded for. A year of destiny fulfilled...not fully but begun.
This year:
Hope.
Surprise.
Love.
Dreams.
time to claim words spoken and see them come into fruition:
"reproduce life through resting"
" You tame wild places"
"There is a fire burning inside of you that is going to be connected to a fire that’s in a particular nation. "
...and many more.
So 2012. Welcome. I'm ready to be surprised.
3 comments:
Reading your words and praying for you! -Joanna in GA
Cool Sarah! I really liked how that was written.
You are "ready to be surprised" huh? Famous last words. haha.
Welcome to the year you've never had, the experiences you've never dreamed, the friendships you've always wanted, the hairstyles you've often pondered, and the flourishing you've long longed for.
HAPPY NEW-est YEAR, Sarah! It's going to be a doozy!
Post a Comment