Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scarves


What is it about scarves that makes me so happy?
The color.
The fabric.
The way they cuddle and embrace your neck.
The warmth they offer in the winter.
The spice they add to a shirt.
The pop of color they add to a depressing day.

I have a lot. I am the first to admit it. My fetish may prove to be worse than shoes, bags, and earrings. But I just don't feel like you can have too many. There are so many different shapes, colors, and kinds-so many to collect!

I love them because each one I own has a story. It's place of origin, how it was bartered for, the person in my life who gave it to me, the events happening in my life when it was acquired. The entire day I am swaddled with a particular piece of fabric reminds me of that time and place and its good. Yep. I love my scarves.

No comments: