Sometimes I get reality checks and I think, "Wow, is this really my life?" And then I just can't help but be thankful for where I am and what I'm doing. It's spurred on by the most random of things.
Yesterday I was sitting in the back of a taxi, pulling out my money to get ready for when I arrived at my destination. Looking at my 1 Dinar I though, "So weird, this money, that this money is my life"
Last weekend I had the privilege of spending the day at the Dead Sea-the Holiday Inn Resort to be more exact. It was amazingly beautiful!! We stopped at Mt Nebo on the way. Looking out towards the Jordan River Valley, the Dead Sea, Jericho, and beyond Palestine, it hit me again. "Wow. I'm so lucky. I don't deserve this life."
Last night, sitting on the couch surrounded by my women students I was again humbled. That these women are part of my life, that I get to be a part of theirs, it's truly amazing.
It makes all the difficult days worth it. There are many things that are frustrating about this country, about this culture, about living here, and sometimes it's not easy. But it's moments like these that make it all worth it. That make me only thankful for the fact that I get to be in this country, do these things, and get to know these people.
Being thankful. Its this necessary perspective that makes the days livable, that makes me remember why I do what I do, why I am here. It is humbling and an honor to know that God would have me here. I'm truly thankful.
4 comments:
girl. i am thankful for you.
he is using you! i love you.
Love this post. When I studied abroad, there was a phrase that had floated around from friends in prior years, "I'm jealous of myself."
It's true -- our lives are beautiful, and it's great that you realize what an awesome experience you are in for... :)
Thinking about you lately, I was blessed to read this, awesome that you are loving where God has you! Love ya
Some fine photos.
Russ (Blogger next blog)
Please have a good Sunday.
Post a Comment