That title is in reference to Gladiator...we learned about movies this week in class and I wanted to just sit and watch that movie the whole time, but I was a good teacher and taught them something instead. I have one and half more weeks, 6 more classes til our summer program is over. Kind of reaching the end to my creativity and my energy levels. But I can do it for 2 more weeks! Sorry I haven't blogged much. I have classes and meeting during the days then teach class at night, then try and get caught up on stuff. It's been busy to say the least, but would rather be busy than bored!
On my days off I hang out with my students or do some sightseeing. I had the honor of going up to SALT(small town west of Amman) with one of my students to visit her family. Needless to say due to some crazy events that left us crying together in the kitchen we are like sisters now.
I had the extreme pleasure to go down to Petra this last weekend. Amazing. Some of you may not know..that it is one of the 7 wonders of the world. Not sure what else it, but that's beside the point. We hiked around for 12 hours. Our last hike of the day was to watch the sun go down. My absolute FAVORITE time of day....just as the sun is setting, an eerie light on the things around, with the day coming to a close. Love it.
By the time the sun went down we headed to the Treasury to see it lit up at night. To my disappointment it wasn't lit up. Asking the shop owner where the lights were got us an invitation to sit and have tea. So there I am sitting, having tea with the Bedouins, in moonlit darkness, under the stars, next to a 7 wonder of the world. It was incredible. Walking back through the valley up to the car, in the total darkness, underneath the stars was pretty amazing. Some days of your life there are no pictures or words to describe them. I feel like that's my life a lot of days here in Jordan.
In three weeks my whole field(all the Middle East) will have our yearly meetings in Egypt, on the Red Sea. I am so excited for this chance to rest, meet new people, see old friends, and get recharged for the crazy fall that is to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment