Monday, July 26, 2010

Quarantined

This nasty cold/infection thing has been going around and I finally got it, on the last week of classes. I came home early last night after finding a sub for my class and crashed into bed. I slept more than 12 hours and woke up feeling even more miserable. How is that even possible? I was supposed to do things today, but there was no way I was even going to have the strength to get out of bed, let alone get ready and run around town. So now I am confined to my bed, hoping that I'll feel better by 530 so I can go teach or at least go hang out with my students.
I started my antibiotics and am hoping that soon they will help me feel better. Its been a two years since I've been this sick and I hate it. I hate being sick, especially in a weird country and especially when I'm supposed to be doing things.
I've had about 10 classes of my Mango Chamomile tea...its my favorite and I only brought a limited amount over, but I figured this is a good excuse to drink it.
I guess the one upside to this is at least I got the sickness now and not in a week or two when I'm supposed to be in Egypt. Its no fun to have an infection when you're at the beach.
Now I'm going to go watch Friends. They always make me feel better.

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Hope you feel better soon, Sarah! It's hard being sick in a foreign country, for sure! Just take care of you! :)