I got into Jordan Sunday morning around 2am. It took me about an hour to get through visa, immigration and customs and by 4am finally laid my head down on a pillow. Got up early the next morning for church so by last night was just plain tired. I keep having to tell myself that I've only been in this country for 3 days. Less than that if you think about it. Already I've done so much and seen so much, that sometimes I forget and get frustrated that I'm not in my routine yet. I hate the initial 1-2 weeks of moving anywhere really. Fumbling around trying to navigate my way through new cities, new languages, meeting heaps of new people, its enough to make me go crazy! Don't get me wrong, I love it! but sometimes I just want to get to the where I'm semi-comfortable. I say semi because seriously who can really be "comfortable" in a place like this. But thus its appeal for me....
I live for the time when I know where I'm going, I know what to say to the taxi cab, I know how to order food, and I finally really know all the people I've met. During the first couple weeks of limbo I always just get so impatient, but through my constant pep-talks, I know it'll get there.
Update:
Mexico was great. Not too much trouble getting down there. Great insights from our speakers and team building events. Those of you praying for my seminar teaching-it went so great! I had to share it twice and got a lot of positive responses in the days following. And people came!:)
Hung out in LA for a couple of days finishing up our orientation week and preparing for our trip. My plane left at 7pm on Friday and after a couple of days of traveling landed in the beautiful Middle East early Sunday morning. Still getting used to everything. Am in transition housing right now, as I'm not moving into my apartment until June 14th. Until then its gonna be hard to really feel settled, especially since its on the other side of town.
Thanks again for all your prayers. Will be emailing out my address soon so you can send me amazing packages:)
1 comment:
So glad you made it safely and you're getting a little rest! I can't wait to see what life has in store for you! It's going to be great -- I just know it!
Post a Comment