Monday, April 26, 2010

I choose worship


A couple of quotes from Derrick last night who spoke on choosing to worship in the midst of our brokenness. How when we choose other things instead of worship we rob ourselves of the joy the Lord has for us.

"When people worship God in the midst of their brokenness they taste the heart of God"

"Accepting your circumstance is letting it have power over you. Embracing your brokenness allows you to bring God into it and allows you to embrace the heart of God"

Last night I was reflecting on the journey I've been on and was overwhelmed with thankfulness and the Lord's faithfulness. The Lord restored my some things for me last night and it was amazing!:) I left with such joy and so happy to have some really important things back in my life...and back in a better, deeper, fuller way.

Side note: My yard sale on Saturday was a huge success!!!! I raised twice as much as I was expecting. I have the most amazing people in my life who donated stuff, helped me sort and price, and were there the whole day on Saturday helping me sell. I have great friends! I'm so thankful for the Lord's provision..it's always in such unique fun ways:) 4 more weeks..less than a month til I leave!! Crazy!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I'm so glad it went well! I got your sweet note this weekend! Thank you so much! I can't believe you leave so soon! Exciting adventures ahead!