Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Roller Coaster


When I was in high school we used to go up to the six flags in upstate NY--camp out for 3 days, attend tons of concerts, and ride the roller coasters over and over. They had this crazy roller coaster called Superman and it was intense(that's a real pic of it). It started with the most intense drop ever--it was the roller coaster of death--if you conquered Superman then you, my friend, were brave.


Over these last few months I feel like I've been on the most intense roller coaster ever. Ups and downs, crazy stomach dropping moments, and wonderful on top of the world moments.
I'm moving in 3 months. Crazy. So many intense emotions come with this move. On the one hand I'm so excited to move to a new place and do what I love to do. But on the other hand I have to leave so many amazing people and things here. And while I'm so excited to move, so excited for this next step in my life, there's an underlying awareness that I will be doing this by myself, again.

Moving to a new place all by yourself is really hard. There's no one to process with, no one to help you sell and pack your stuff, no one to help you get through the "what did I just do?" moments. But if there's one thing I've learned with all my moves in life, the Lord always provides the most amazing people to come alongside me and help me. It's never how and who I'd imagine it to be, but that's the beauty of it. Its not what I WANT, it's what I NEED. When I need a safe confidant, He provides one. When I need a "family" he gives me one. When I need sisters he provides kindred spirits.

I love roller coasters, but the roller coaster of moving can get a bit intense. Pray for me as I transition out this place that has been my home for the last 3 years. My prayer is to end well, no loose ends, everything reconciled, free to move on to the next chapter in life.

3 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Sarah, I am praying for you and all your upcoming adventures. I received your letter, and I'm trying to figure out how I can help! I know this is going to be an amazing opportunity for God to use you.

Anonymous said...

I love you so much beyond reason.
praying for you each day.
going to send you letters and packages and love!
:)

Diana said...

My favorite part of superman was riding it at night when they fogged the bottom of the drop and you couldn't see when the drop actually ended. I feel the same except I haven't really been through intense moves like you have. I'm trusting my God and my big sister on this one that I'll be okay when my 4 months are up and I have to move too.