Exactly one year ago I was sitting on the Israeli/Egyptian coast of the Red Sea celebrating my 24th Birthday. It’s hard to believe that a year has gone by so quickly. Instead of the colorful fish of the Red Sea, I watch the colorful and unique people of New York walk by as I sit in Central Park. The woman with two pet parrots, one on each shoulder, seems a world away
from jovial Egyptians as they sang Happy Birthday to me in Arabic....
from jovial Egyptians as they sang Happy Birthday to me in Arabic....
...My ultimate goal is to make it back to the Middle East. While there I fell in love with the Arab people, culture, and language. I hope to be there soon, but for now I’m taking a bit of a detour.
And a detour it was. A long, bumpy, is there actually a road?, detour.
It was on this detour that the Lord prepared me for the things ahead. Where I was asked to give up the dream of going back, trusting that when and if the time was right, the Lord will give it back to me, and maybe, just maybe I'd get to return to the Middle East.
So loooooong story short, I'm moving back! Can't tell you exactly where, but hint: the city is listed on a sign in the picture above.
So yep...this summer...moving again....get ready...it's gonna be ridiculously AMAZING!
2 comments:
Wow, Sarah! (From the other Sara at Andrea's wedding!) What an excitng adventure for you to embark upon... I can't wait to see what's in store for you this time! Will be praying for you.
I love reading your blog, btw. It's so inspiring!
That is ssssooo exciting! I think I should come and see you. : )
Post a Comment