She's always prayed that the story of her marriage would bring people to the Lord, that it couldn't be explained without God. And its already doing that.
Andrea used to live in Bethlehem and taught drama to Jr.High students. One day one of her 8th grade students asked her a question:
"Andrea, why aren't you married?" (a common Arab question)
"Not my time yet, but I do want to be someday"
"Andrea, you teach us that we can ask God anything. So I will pray that you will get married before you turn 31" (Andrea was 29 at the time)
When this student found out that Andrea is indeed getting married 4 short months before she turns 31, he has been doing nothing but telling people all over the city that when you pray to God he hears you.
This has been Andrea's prayer for a lot longer than her 8th grade student. But the Lord has heard them both and has brought a man into her life that fits her perfectly. I always said that she would never marry American. So now I get to get on a plane and participate in 3 weddings. One civil, one Kurdish, and one western!
We've had some amazing adventures together...here's to more in Cyprus!




1 comment:
So excited for you! And for her! But seriously miss you dearly... :(
Post a Comment