Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I love Thailand

Well, I'm blogging cuz I promised people I would.

So I made it to Thailand. Many airplanes, airports, diet cokes, pretzels, chicken or pasta, my amazing neck pillow!!, and movies(some actually good!) later, I landed in Bangkok. I've been here for a whole day and two night now and I've gotta say, it feels so great to be back. I can't wait to get up to Chiang Mai but for now I'm content with Bangkok. I never did like Bangkok too much. Its bigger, hotter, noisier, and just not as amazing as Chiang Mai...but that might be a personal opinion.

It's amazing how all the smells and sounds come back, and how they trigger memories from years ago. The smell of food on the street, the sound of a motorbike, the smell of the laundry detergent on my towel, the eb and flow of people speaking Thai. I've melted right back in...like I was never gone. Right now just spending a couple days with a good friend in Bangkok....
Thank you all for all your prayers and encouragement. I could not have made it here without you. I was so overwhelmed and thankful on Sunday for all the prayers and love....so thank you.

More pics to come later....but Bangkok has PINK taxis now! I love them!!!!! Not just green, yellow, and blue ones...but now pink! It adds some amazing color to the city.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yes! The pink ones are the best. I MADE my dad get a pink one for us last summer... haha. It probably didn't REALLY smell better, but I imagined that it did... like a hibiscus flower... :)

Glad you made it safely!!! (with some good movies along the way!)

katie said...

i'm so glad to hear you made it safely! one day i'll get to thailand...or at least back to cambodia :) anyway i'm so proud of you for following God and being so faithful. i'm praying for you!

p.s. the pink taxis look so amazing! i got so excited about that haha

bETH vAUGHN said...

sARAH! This is good to hear, the melting back in. It makes my heart happy. I love you lots and am just praying so much that you will keep your heart and soul wide open for WHATEVER God has for you - whether it's for an hour on this trip or for the next couple years. Have fun too!