Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thunderstorms and Arepas


I woke up at 8am this morning to some crazy thunder and lightening. Thunder so loud it was shaking the house and rain absolutely pouring down. I LOVE thunderstorms. I love waking up in the middle of the night to thunderstorms, the cool air blowing in my windows cooling off the sticky humidity.

I was riding the subway yesterday...the ideal people watching spot. Once you've looked at all the people in your viewing range, the train stops, and more get on....so ideal. And the different kinds of people you see are amazing! I miss New York for two things...the thunderstorms and the culture. I miss the hole-in-the-wall places that sell the most amazing food and reek of their individual cultural charm. I love the little yummy hidden away coffee shops and restaurants that make up the eccentricity of the city...and the amazing people that run those places..I love it!
And I LOVE thunderstorms. Thunderstorms and Arepas..two things that are oh so amazing in New York:)

2 comments:

Me Minami said...

Take me with you.

Marie said...

I find this post very funny. When I was in NY I missed the thunderstorms in AL. There are only like 3 major thunderstorms while I was in NY. I think we barely go a week here without one. I also never had an arepa until this fall in AL. I think they are wonderful. Where did you get them in NY. I miss you BTW...lets catch up soon!