Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Books in the Bathtub


I will share with you a fun fact. I hate fun facts...for many reasons...but this one I shared once and it's funny.


I love reading. I've always loved reading. I remember absolutely devouring books in the first grade...pretending to be sick just so I could stay home and read them(shh..don't tell my mom). I love reading mindless material, I love reading books that make you think, but my real favorite are biographies and memoirs. I love reading about people's lives...not a surprise there...it's my favorite thing to talk to people about too. People's individual stories are so amazing to me....


Anyways..according to my mom when I was younger than 3 years old I checked out a huge stack of books from the library. Evidently that night I had to take a bath...what better place to read than the bathtub...seriously.

So my mom walks in and there I am...sitting in the tub...with a huge stack of books sitting next to me IN the water...a book in my lap....turning the pages UNDER water...very very carefully and slowly..so as to not rip the pages.

Huge library fee...but got in some amazing reading time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you reading underwater... that's a new one! You crack me up.

Janelle said...

I'm seriously laughing out loud! Thank you for the laugh... I needed it. So funny.