Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Voice

As we were debriefing lifegroup last night...the good, the bad, what we liked, what we took from it...I remembered something that Derrick said a couple months ago that's stuck with me ever since.

And so I quote the infamous Derrick(though he may have gotten it from somewhere else)


"We can't possibly have a voice in someone else's life if God does not have a voice in our life"

Being in the word, listening to His voice, practicing the disciplines, being disciplined to sit and be silent, allowing him to speak. Our lives need to be a natural overflow of the things the Lord is giving us. It's when we start to minster from our own strength and speak from our own voice...that we seriously burn out or in some cases, really screw things up. And don't I know....

Anyways..there ya go...it's pretty simple really...but it's so powerful in its application.

1 comment:

Annie said...

This post reminds me about women's retreat and that we can't love well, until we know we're well loved. I've been thinking on that each day, seeking God's presence and His Spirit, so I can better pour out the love on my family and those around me. I hope one day I won't have to think about it anymore it will just be part of who I am!