Monday, April 6, 2009

Love is not an Emotion

This last weekend was the women's retreat for the Stirring. Still processing a lot of what happened up there, but all in all, it was good. We learned all about loving from the infamous Beth Moore. It's seriously so crazy how much of what she talked about over the weekend were the very things that the Lord has been teaching me these last 3 to 4 months. Ironic how similar my past blogs and journalings are to what we talked about this weekend..even the same scriptures. So crazy how the Lord works...
One of the things that struck me during one of our sessions was the truth that God is perfect love. That God is love, he doesn't feel love, he doesn't decide to not love...he IS love and so His love will never go away. Love is not an emotion to God. This idea is so crazy to me because emotions make up so much of my day to day life. I'm such an emotional person. In one hour I probably could go through about 20 different emotions. It's so hard to wrap my head around the idea that love isn't an emotion to God, because it is such an emotion to me.

It gives me such peace and rest to know that God does not function like me. That he doesn't have to choose to forgive or love me..even after all I've done. He just loves because he is. It's good. He's good.

I busted out my Enter the Worship Circle-the 2nd one today...although the 1st one has some great classics..I love it..brings back so many great memories....Simpson grass, hippie circles, drums, and guitars...makes me miss some really good friends....

Here's a good one that I've been listening to tons:

I`VE BEEN SEARCHING AND FINDING THERE`S NOTHING BUT SEARCHING
SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING TO FILL
IN ALL OF MY FINDING I`M FINDING THERE`S SOMEONE
WHO LOVES ME TO SIT AND BE STILL

IT`S IN YOU...IT`S IN YOU
I`M IN LOVE WITH A SAVIOR WHO SAVES ME TO LOVE ME AND LOVES ME TO STAY BY HIS SIDE

AND I LOVE TO SING ALL THE SONGS OF HIS GOODNESS
I`LL SING THEM THE REST OF MY LIFE

I LOVE HOW YOU KNOW ME
I LOVE HOW YOU HOLD ME
I LOVE HOW YOU SET ME FREE
I LOVE YOUR LOVE

No comments: