Monday, February 23, 2009

Heaven Holds Me


Today the wind was seriously out of control and yes, I went for a run in it. Wasn't so bad until I started up the hill...ugh..45 degree incline and gale force winds do not go together.

When I got to the top over looking the city the view was absolutely breathtaking and of course I didn't have my camera. The clouds were black as night over the mountains, gray over the city and white and puffy as you looked south. But the wind was pushing it all together so it just looked amazing.

The Lord amazes me in his power. He is seriously so powerful and when you're standing in the middle of a crazy windstorm his power seems to come to life. And it's when His promise that He is there holding you comes to life too. Life is a lot like those crazy wind storms. Crazy winds and flying debris rise up out of no where right when you think it's calm. Those words..."heaven holds me"..."you hold the universe"....spoke to my heart today as everything flew around me. He's holding me..and in that grip I am secure, I am safe, I don't have to worry. Everything around me may appear to be absolutely insane, but I'm in His arms, and there I have peace.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Thank you for sharing. I needed that reminder today.