Thursday, February 19, 2009

Curve Ball

Today the Lord thew me a curve ball..but really when I think about it..when does he not? This morning was one of those times where I got off the phone, stared at it blankly and found myself saying, "WHAT THE HECK GOD?" my voice a mixture of emotions.

Yep, that was my morning.

Not sure why the Lord decides to throw us through a loop right when we're least expecting. To build trust perhaps? To remind us he's bigger than our small consistent worlds we've surrounded ourselves with? I'm not sure.

I have so many unanswered questions going through my mind right now, so many decisions to make, how can so much change with one phone call?

So if you read this, and you pray for me, or least call me friend...be praying for me. I have a lot to think about, to respond to, to seek God about.

But trying to remind myself that I am not God, that He is in control of my life, he knows what He's doing, and He has His best for me in mind. I have to believe that...that he makes all things work together for my good....

Not gonna lie...I really hate curve balls..


ps..I love my Mariano...he throws a mean curveball....but at least he does it looking adorable;)

5 comments:

Shelby said...

um, what is going on? do we have to have a laundry/bachelor(that i already ruined)/debrief session?

I don't like curve balls when they are sad.

Janelle said...

praying now!

sarah said...

So I'm dying to know what the phone call was...

Call me if you want to think out loud!

I am praying. :)

Marie said...

yeah, i'm curious as well...I'm praying!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you have some decision-making to do. I am praying for you Sarah.