Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Awe


I love Wednesday mornings..in fact, I look forward to them. Like I said in my last blog, the Lord has been teaching me a lot about just "being", but he has given me moments of joy in "doing" that I'm very thankful for.

Wednesdays I get to help out at CareNet Pregnancy Center, work with amazing people and meet even more amazing people. I love talking with the women, hearing their stories, sharing in their journeys. I mostly just love being a part of something that is reaching the needs of people in this city...it really brings such joy to my heart.

So yeah..I just wanted to share a little bit of my joy that is Wednesdays.

But even in these "doings" the Lord has been teaching me so much about humility and the fact that it is so not about me. Questions like, why do I care so much about what people think? Why do I want to appear amazing? Why does recognition matter so much to me? And what it is that I want to be recognized for? These questions are just some of what I've been asking myself...seeking honest answers and realizing I really don't like some of them.

I've reached a point of complete awe and humility with Him, coming to a point of desperation that basically has planted my face into the ground. I have absolutely nothing...and everything I do have He has given me. If He chooses to use my words of wisdom, my prayers, my encouragement to minister to others than awesome...it clearly doesn't give me license to think that I'm a great spiritual person. But being humble isn't thinking low of myself..and I certainly don't. I've just really woken up to the fact that Lord is absolutely amazing and I am so honored and thankful that he still chooses to use me despite all my imperfections. Being humble is giving honor to God...praising him for his glory. This whole last week I have not been able to get over the fact that he is so utterly amazing and so utterly powerful.

One of my favorite Jesus Culture songs...King of Glory..states it pretty simply.

"King of Glory have your glory...it's all about you...it's all about you".

How can I even begin to think I can take credit for what He's done in my life and in other people's lives?

Bottom line: It is all about Him and he deserves to have the Glory for it. Amazing.

No comments: