HUNDREDS OF FLIGHTS CANCELLED"
-so says the New York post this morning...
So after 12 hours of traveling I finally arrived safely in New York. It wasn't too bad of a trip. NY had this crazy snow storm all day Friday dumping 8-12 inches of snow and ice all over the area. The flight before me got cancelled so it was a little crazy at my gate as there were 75 people on the standby list and NY wasn't letting any flights in and out. However, it looked like my flight was only going to be 15 minutes late. But then the woman spoke over the loud speaker that LaGuardia opened back up and we were going to be on time. Yay!
So it probably took about an hour to board the plane...and then there was an unfortunate double seat assignment mishap. Poor guy. Had to stand in the aisle and receive icy glares for like 30 minutes while the flight attendants tried to figure out who to kick off the plane. Then the pilot comes on and tells us that LaGuardia air traffic control isn't letting us depart..probably not for another hour.. cuz I guess NY gets conjested? He was a nice talkative pilot with great sarcasm so that was nice...entertaining at least. So I sat in my confined window seat for like 2 hours and was about to literally crawl over the two women next to me when finally we were able to depart. I guess some guy on our plane negotiated with air traffic control in NY to give us a spot to land...it worked..and we were taking off. We were one of the first flights to land in NY...and got stuck in the snow on our way to the gate and had to be towed in...haha...but I landed!
So here's my home all winter wonderlandy:) This is the scene I was greeted with this morning as I woke up to the clicking of the radiators...so great! My dad is loving his awesome electric start snow blower that he got for Father's Day last year..haha. I love when everything is all snowy. And we're supposed to get another storm tonight with more snow tomorrow!
3 comments:
awww...Sarah. i'm glad you got home and are enjoying the winter wonderland!
I'm so incredibly jealous!!! I want to be home with you guys!! 2 more days!! Hopefully no snow when I come in :)
i miss you...
and you can have all our snow too if you want... i'm getting tired of it, and it took my sister down on her way to her car yesterday. she didn't go to church cause her back hurt so bad. both funny and sad...all at the same time...sounds like my life...
Post a Comment