
So we have about one week til we get a new president..crazy...and for the first time I actually really care. Most of my life I couldn't care less who was America's president, didn't live there anyway. I wasn't even living in America during our last election...pretty much was the last thing on my mind. But ever since living in the Middle East and realizing I might end up there again one day, it made me realize that whoever is in charge of America makes a huge difference in the way things go in the Middle East. So now I care...and besides..I'm among the percentage of those that have been unemployed in our awful economic state..so I want to know who's gonna give me my job back! But I'm not one for arguing and debating over who is going to make the best president...do your research..vote for what you actually believe or care about..not just because he's black or she's a woman...lame.
So California has these propositions you vote for...so crazy..there's like 12 of them. Emily and I were educating ourselves the other night, reading the pros and cons..only made it through like 9 of them..and got tired:) Some of them don't make any sense, but some of them do. I'm not one for posting pictures and ads of who I'm gonna vote for or who is better, but this time I'm gonna make a small exception.
Proposition 4. Sarah's law...besides that it has a great name...its worth paying attention to. Yes we've all heard the pro-life/pro-choice arguments...but that's not what this law is about. Yes, you could say I'm pro-life, but for me its not about the baby inside being killed..its about the mom who has to go through that abortion and carry it with her for the rest of her life. The baby dies and gets to go to heaven but the 17 year old girl is now emotionally and physically scarred from the procedure....its just a plain lie telling her she won't be. That's why I hate abortion...because it not only kills a tiny innocent human, but it kills something inside of a grown woman.
Proposition 4 will require a doctor to notify a family member 48 hours in advance before performing an abortion on any woman under the age of 18.
Sarah's law...Sarah was a 15 year old girl who went in to have an abortion and as a result the right side of her cervix was torn. She suffered from blood poisoning, fevers, chills, and nausea. By the time she went to the hospital the infection was too severe and she died soon after. Family members deserve the right to know the medical conditions of their 15 year old girls. Not only that this law will prevent older men from exploiting young girls and using abortions to cover up their crimes.
Just do your research and vote for what you believe, that's what matters. Don't vote ignorantly....but do vote. Its a right that many people in other countries don't have...and may never have.
1 comment:
well said!
I agree completely, I was surprised by all the propositions this time too, most are actually pretty exciting ones too.
I fly in to long beach on the 6th of Dec and I am flying out of LA on the 3rd of January. So, there is time to meet up before you go to NY for Christmas...but I'm guessing you have no money, and I have just a scooter and no money, so we will have some difficulty.... but where there's a will there's a way.
Post a Comment